Saturday, April 29, 2006






Some More Interior Shots

I posted some more shots of the interior just to document the restoration project:
1. Toggle switches (3-way switch) - status: all are still functional
2. Center console - status: chrome and leather are still in good condition
3. Glove box - status: push-button lock still working, applied RC1 (locally made version of WD-40...it's quite effective against rust) unto the locking mechanism to keep it from locking-up
4. Map light (rewired with a new switch) - status: still functional...surprisingly
5. Wooden shift knob (not OEM) - status: applied clear epoxy unto the underside to keep it from popping-out from the shift lever...very annoying (and quite dangerous)

Today I covered some of the holes (with aluminum tape) in the firewall to keep the heat (from the engine) from reaching the "cockpit." I hope this would lessen the heat inside the cabin, since it tends to be "sizzling" inside especially when the soft/hard top is in place. I also sprayed RC1 unto some areas of the the firewall (both sides) to keep it from rusting severly, but I'll definitely need to spray on an anti-rust coating just to be safe (I found a spray-on type at Ace Hardware...I'll definitely look into that). I also inspected some key areas of the body and applied RC1 accordingly:
1. Engine bay - beneath the brake and clutch master cylinders and alongside the steering column
2. Left and right front fenders - underneath both front fenders
3. Hood scoop - underneath at the sides of the air inlet
4. Grill - at the bottom of the grill where it's bolted unto the body
5. Driver's side and passenger side doors - at the bottom and along the hinges
6. Trunk - applied RC1 to most of the area
7. Soft top frame - hinges and support beams
8. Steering column - leading to the firewall

I'll need to have all the rusty bits cut-out from the body and to apply undercoating unto the underside of the Fairlady...and that's got to be done SOON! The problem is: I still don't have the budget! Well I guess I'll have to make do with RC1 for now (it's cheaper than WD-40 and it works just as well - Go Philippines!).

Tomorrow's plan: I'm drivin' Project T.M.! Sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home