Friday, March 10, 2006


Added some more pictures of the restoration work:

1. New Fuse Box - The original fuse box was destroyed during the rewiring of the roadster... I couldn't find the OEM locally so I just opted for the next best thing - a Japanese replacement from Circuit. The good thing is that the fuses used on the Circuit fuse box is the newer blade type fuse rather than the "primitive" cartridge ones.



2. Idler Arm - Note the temporary plastic grease cover (from a soda bottle)...to prevent water from coming into the idler arm and damaging the new alloy bushings (yes I know its ugly, but it works so I'm not complaining...currently looking for a better looking replacement)


3. Distributor - The cam seems to have an uneven lobe as pointed out by the mechanic...I'm thinking of replacing the distributor with an electronic ignition system from Nissan. But so far I'm satisfied with its performance (new contact point and condenser).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home