Thursday, March 02, 2006





New Window Risers (not OEM, but it'll suffice)

Yesterday I bought a pair of window risers to replace those "glaring" ones installed by the previous owner. I wasn't able to find chromed ones (like the OEM risers) that would fit the roadster (I had the shop try all possible window risers) so I just bought the next best thing - plastic risers in "standard black." At least it's not "bling-bling-ish" when compared to the old ones (those annodized blue handles are just not my taste). Plus, the old ones have been eating away at the teeth where the window risers are attached. The window risers I bought are also for Nissan, with part number: KN31 as can be seen in the picture. I didn't use the locking pins anymore, since the new risers are short of the shaft where it's supposed to be locked in place. So what I did was I applied epoxy unto the teeth of the windor riser shaft to make a permanent solution. Anyway I'm not planning to have the window mechanism replaced in the near future. If ever there's a need, then the new risers would just have to be torn apart...disposable parts (cost per window riser is P100 @ AutoCentro). Now I'll have to wait 72 hours for the epoxy to cure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home