Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Headlight Relay in Question: Original or Copycat?
Here are some shots of the headlight relay I was talking about in my previous post. Yes it says "BOSCH" and "Made in Germany," but I'm not pretty sure about that. It's only been three months since the relay got bust and I haven't been using the Fairlady often. Another explanation is that the thing is defective, but with BOSCH quality at stake I doubt it. The plastic used looks and feels like it's from a toy that's made in China...LOW QUALITY. And the contact points are easily bent out of shape...it does come loose when conected (this is the reason why my low to high beam has been playing tricks on me a few weeks ago). The bad thing is that it seems that counterfeit replacement parts are becoming common in the auto supply market. This is indeed dangerous...imagine driving at 100 kph when the "fake" KYB suspension collapses! That'll make anyone's day...guaranteed. Safety first!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home