Thursday, May 25, 2006

Repair Update: Headlight Relay

I've been having some problems with the headlights and gauge lighting recently. Sometimes it would turn on...and most of the time it would turn on and then die out...luckily no accidents. Also, the hi-to-low beam and vice versa wouldn't work at times...incoming motorists remind me of that often.

But today I decided to end the troublesome "glitch" once and for all. As it turns out, the headlight relay was the culprit. The disturbing thing is that it's a new three month old Bosch relay that's even "Made in Germany." The electrician also discovered several blown fuses in the new fuse box. Darn it! What seems to be causing these electrical buggers??? Voltage regulator? Alternator? A ground in the system? A short? I guess I'll have to bring some spare fuses just to be safe. I wouldn't want to be stranded again along the highway at night...especially when it's the rainy season now! Hopefully the glitches have been "cured" with the replacement of the relay and fuses...I trust Project T.M.'s auto-electrician (in picture: at the driver's side door). Cost: Fuses - P20; Labor - P150; Relay - P100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home