Saturday, June 02, 2007

Restoration Update:


Cleaned engine bay and overhauled (again) radiator core:

Undercoating for rust protection:

Cut out rust in luggage rack and installed heat insulating material:

Cut out rust in engine bay and coated with anti-rust:

Installed insulating material under the dashboard:

Cut out rust from left and right rear fenders and coated with anti-rust and new paint:


Other works:

Replaced coolant (Caltex Extended Life Coolant), paint touch up on body

I drove the Fairlady a few days ago along the highway and engine response was great! Acceleration was really good! I could still keep up with the fast traffic. Fortunately, I still don't have any problems during start-ups/warm-ups. The transmission though is a bit noisy whenever I change gears...must be the synchros getting worn. Clutch pedal travel is a bit short, but I got used to it. Next stop: a new soft-top cover!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home