Monday, December 11, 2006

Restoration Update:

Finally I'm back home after a two month stint in film school.

I started the roadster this morning... after two or three engine revolutions the R16 started with no fuzz or hesitation. There wasn't any blue smoke from the exhaust, which is a good sign indeed. I adjusted the engine idle to lower RPM. Also had to bleed the clutch system. The clutch pedal bottoms out, but it still disengages the tranny. I'll have it checked one of these days.

Then I took her for a ride after lunch. Brakes were also ok, but with a hint of stuck-up on the right front caliper. I had a blast driving with the top down...the air was cool and it was windy. Had a great time with my Fairlady.

Will have to replace the transmission and differential fluid soon. Tranny still has this whine. Engine oil change is also due.

Well at least the roadster is driveable and the engine is still strong. I was tempted to open up the throttle :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home