Saturday, March 24, 2007

Restoration Update

This morning I left Project Time Machine at Mang Rene's shop...R&R. They specialize in painting, mechanicals, and aircon repairs. I was actually surprised when I entered the shop. Most probably eighty percent of the cars there were Mercedes Benz (there was a white 1971 SEL in MINT condition - wow!). I think he's really good in restoration work and I hope that the Fairlady will be in good hands.

Here's the list of things the shop will be doing:
1. Overhaul the radiator, fix leaks, and repaint (black).
2. Install heat insulation material on the firewall under the dash.
3. Cut out rust and apply undercoating.
4. Fix clutch pedal bracket.

Additional things to do (still to be updated):
1. Replace soft top cover
2. Install heat insulation material on entire cabin including transmission well.

I hope everthing goes according to plan. Contact number for the shop: 724-6445 (look for Nemesio Soriano)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home