Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Mikuni PHH40 Re-installation

One down. I just took my time re-installing the carburetors.

It was pretty much straightforward. Just had to put a thin layer of gasket maker on the isolator's surface prior to bolting the carburetors on the intake manifold.

Presto! Twin Mikuni carburetors finally installed and running well! I just had to tweak the Pilot Screws and the Idle Screw for a smoother idle. Engine runs great and smooth throughout the rev range. I can't wait to test it further in long road trips.

I also repainted the inner left engine bay where the air horns are to protect the metal from rust and backfires. Gas pedal is a bit firm though...maybe it just needs to be stretched out and used more often! Fun run!

I also cleaned up the new Purolator in-line fuel filter I added a few months ago. It was full of dirt and gunk from the fuel tank!

Bought it at an old auto supply shot selling new old stock parts and accessories for old school rides. This is a good quality fuel filter that can easily be cleaned and reused. Looks good too...adds to the vintage feel of the engine bay.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Hi There,

What kind of details do you need about the carburetor installation? Anyway, feel free to ask any inquiries. Thanks!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home