Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Mikuni Carburetor Cleaning

It was such a pain removing two screws from the right side of both front and rear carburetors! I had to use a Dremel to grind new and deeper grooves. And then I had to buy the biggest screwdriver I could find that would fit those grooves. Man! What a nightmare! But at least it's all done...I finally was able to open the float chamber and check out the needle valve.
Nice and tidy...polishing will be next!

The needle valve on the rear carb was rusty. I'm soaking it in carburetor spray solution overnight to flush out the rusted areas. The tip looks in good condition so I'll just clean it up and put it back into the valve.

Needle Valve Assembly

The foam floats of both carbs seem to be in good nick condition.

Float Chamber seems to be clean in both carbs. I'll clean them out again before re-installation

One of the problematic screws. Notice how deep I had to grind with the Dremel just to get ample grip and leverage for the screwdriver!

Dremel saves the day once again.

Ready to rumble!


The beautiful TitanWorks custom stainless steel intake manifold and header.



Taking out the carbs was pretty much straightforward. I hope the re-installation is the same as well!

I accidentally destroyed the groove on one of the screws rendering it useless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home