Monday, July 07, 2008

Almex YSA Wheels


I've been looking for the right set of wheels to replace the steel ones on the Fairlady and only until last Sunday did I get to buy the perfect set for my roadster. I bought a set of old school Almex YSA wheels for just P7,000 (from P8,500) from Abel Tire Supply Shop along 20th Avenue. I'd say that's quite a bargain considering the wheels are quite rare and have only been refurbished about a month ago. I really like the "Iron Cross" design plus the Black color with silver trim. It definitely makes it more "kick-ass."


The wheels are made in Japan by "Yokohama Rubber" as posted at the back. It's light as well. Here are the specifications: 14" x 5.5" PCD 114. The front wheels have been balanced and a 1/4" spacer was installed at the front hubs (included in the price) to correct the spacing between the wheels and hub. The spacers did widen the track a bit by half an inch. The good thing was I didn't have to buy a new set of tires as I just used the ones I had on the stock steel wheels.



I've been driving the Fairlady for a few days now and I can say that handling and ride comfort have improved. Steering pressure is much lighter.


All in all, the Almex YSA wheels were definitely a very good find! And the roadster looks meaner indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home