Thursday, March 13, 2008

Heat Resistant Paint on Intake Manifold and Headers

Sanded down first the flanges for a smooth surface

I changed the color of the custom made integrated intake manifold and headers from Blue to Dark Red to compliment the body color of the Fairlady. It does look nicer.


Painted the flanges using a 1500 degree Fahrenheit heat resistant paint made in Holland. I also painted the oil filter cover, alternator brackets, and engine mount.


I'm planning to paint also the throttle bracket, oil pan, steel fuel line, fan blades, cowl, thermostat tower, and radiator. I hope to get the engine block painted with the same color, but I'll have to talk to the machine shop.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Timurf said...

Pray tell, who did the wonderful work on the custom headers?

12:34 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Hi! I had the custom headers fabricated at ERL Motorwerx, which is a high performance tuning shop that caters to race cars. It took about two months to finish the stainless headers. They had to scrap about three manifolds just to get the correct spacing. Do you also restore Datsun Roadsters?

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home