Monday, December 10, 2007

New Pedal Pads, Dashboard Rustproofing, and Hood Repair

I recently bought new old stock pedal pads for the brake and clutch pedal. I bought them from Fernando's Auto Supply in Aurora Blvd. in Cubao for P28 a piece for a total of 56! You can't get it cheaper than that! The size is perfect since the pads are narrow, which gives enough space for my foot to reach the gas pedal without hitting the brake pedal.

The simple design also looks good and goes well with the original gas pedal style. But the most important thing is its much safer now...before I used to drive without pads, which was quite dangerous.

I also coated the dashboard with black enamel (Boysen) to prevent the spreading of rust underneath. The cockpit also looks much cleaner now.



I also had the hood release cable replaced and the hook realigned. I bought a new one from Fernando's Auto Supply as well. Finally, the hood stays closed even when the Fairlady goes over bumpy roads!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home